Terms & Conditions of Use
Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
This Privacy Statement applies to this website which is operated by Blue Travel Pty Ltd (ABN 40 070 160002) (“Blue Travel”, “BlueTravelAU”, “Blueco”, “we”, “us”) under the domain names blueco.com.au and bluetravel.com.au.
Blue Travel aims to provide users of this website with information that meets their needs. To do this, we may collect information about you each time you visit our website.
Blue Travel is committed to protecting the privacy of user information. Blue Travel complies with the Privacy Act (1988) (“Act”) as amended and collects, uses, holds and discloses personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Act.
This Privacy Statement is designed to inform you of how Blue Travel collects and treats your personal information when you access and use our website.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We will not collect personal information about you except where you knowingly provide it to us through our website.
In some limited circumstances and in order to assist you, we may need to collect sensitive information from you, such as information relating to your name, contact details, religion, health, special needs, dietary requirements or travel preferences. We will not collect sensitive information about you unless you consent to the collection and the information is directly related to our service provision activities.
If you use the website to complete an online application form, we will only collect the information contained in that application form if you submit the form to us. This information is used to attend to your needs and enquiries. It may also be used to provide you with information about Blue Travel products and services.
2. Use of “Cookies” and Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, reference sites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
3. Use and Disclosure of Information
We will not use or disclose information collected about you, including information collected using cookies, without your consent, other than the purpose to attend to your specific enquiries. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, service quality, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking, debt collection, improving customer experiences, sending you information about Blue Travel products and services or as required under a specific law.
While we maintain strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as fully secure. Accordingly, Blue Travel cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you send to us using our online forms or products. You submit information at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the data held in our system. If we no longer need your information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
5. Blue Travel User Generated Content/ Social Media Agreement
By using Blue Travel-specific/promotional hashtags and handles (‘tagging’) in your Social Media content, or posting content onto Blue Travel Social Media platforms directly, you agree that Blue Travel:
- can use the content on its websites, apps, email, social media and other forums, including but not limited to for promotional purposes;
- can use your name, image, social media handle(s) and other publically available biographic material in conjunction with your image and associated content;
- has a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, reproduce, modify, delete from, add to, publish and publicly display the content through any of our social media accounts, websites or digital platforms; and
- is released from any liability for use of the image and/or content to the extent permitted by law.
You also agree and confirm you:
- are at least 18 years old or if under 18 have permission from a parent or guardian;
- own and control the copyright and or interest in the image and content, and it does not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property of another;
- have complied with all laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the content;
- acknowledge statements, remarks or claims by you reflect your honest views and experiences;
- will not make available any material that includes an image or personal information of another person unless you have their consent;
- have disclosed any commercial connections or interests you have with Blue Travel or third-party brands or sellers (ie you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products or services);
- will not be paid by Blue Travel for use of your content; and
- will contact Blue Travel if you no longer approve for your image or content to be published by Blue Travel, by contacting us.
Blue Travel reserves the right to remove UGC and/or Social Media postings that, in the opinion of the Blue Travel, are false, racists or misleading statements on Blue Travel Products and Services.
Your use and continued use of the Blue Travel website acknowledges your acceptance of this Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
Blue Travel may change the content or services found on our website at any time without notice. Accordingly, our Privacy Statement may change from time to time. The updated document will be available on this website. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for changes. Your continued access to, or use of, this website means that you agree to and accept the changes we make.